Steps to Feed Koi
- Take the temperature of the water your Koi is living in
- Because Koi only eat certain foods in certain temperature.
- If the water is under 70 degrees Fahrenheit, feed it once per day or every other day
- When the temp lowers to 63 Fahrenheit or lower, feed it every other day. Another option is to feed it a cereal-based diet because cereal breaks down quickly.
- In warm water
- Koi under 8 inches in length should eat around 5 percent of their own body weight, while Koi over eight inches in length should only eat around two percent of their own body weight.
- Provide the nutrition your Koi need
- A healthy Koi often have brighter colors than a malnourished one. While your koi can’t just live on live food alone, your koi should enjoy the treats now and then. There are earthworms, which is the favorite of koi, prawns or cockles.
- Use koi food in pellet form for their main diet
- While Koi eat everything you gave them, most aren’t nutritional and can harm them.
Koi Feeding Guide
- Less than 50F or 10C
- Do not feed.
- 50F – 55F or 10C – 12.7C
- 2 – 3 times per week.
- 55F – 59F or 12.7C – 15C
- 4 – 5 times per week.
- 59F or 15C
- 6 times per week.
- 60F – 65F or 15.5C – 18.3C
- 1 time a day for everyday.
- 65F – 72F or 18.3C – 22.2C
- 1 – 2 times a day for everyday.
- 72F – 80F or 22.2C – 26.6C
- 3 – 4 times a day for everyday.
By Blogger KoiLover